We are Angela & Steven! We set up Cheeky Chai Tea to share our love and passion for Tea, we are dedicated to passing on our Tea knowledge and connecting with people so that we can share the wellbeing qualities of Tea.
Self Care is essential in managing your Physical, Mental & Spiritual Wellbeing! Tea has long been used as a pause button in the day, or as a ceremony of connectedness and meaning to share with friends and relatives. Not to mention all the health benefits of tea.
Herbs and flavours found in Tea have been found to improve Physical, Mental & Spiritual Wellbeing!
The Wellbeing Benefits of Tea
Tea contains natural plant substances including polyphenols, caffeine and amino acid L-theanine (a building block of protein) which act positively on the body and the mind to create an all round sense spirituali-Tea. L-theanine has been found to improve levels of stress and anxiety and triggers part of the brain that is linked to relaxation. It's a no brainer, Tea is your friendly companion that can bring positive rituals to your day, giving you that sense of wellbeing that is needed.
Featured Tea Recipe… Red Berry Cold Infusion
Our Cheeky Red Berry Cold Infusion is the taste of summer in a cup! Our Red Berry Tea is Berry Delicious and has cheeky notes of the dried hibiscus flower, rosehip, apple pieces and orange peel, It’s one of our most popular teas which is packed full of goodness and is bursting with flavour.
- 3 Teaspoons of Cheeky Chai Red Berry Tea
- 568ml/1 pint freshly boiled water
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 2 lime leaves, bruised
- 400g/14oz mixed red berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants
- 2 tbsp honey
Getting cheeky with it
- Put the tea in a heatproof bowl, pour over the boiling water over and leave to brew for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Add the lemongrass, lime leaves, 200g/7oz of the berries and honey and mix to combine.
- Add 300ml/10fl oz of water and stir.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour. Serve over ice with the remaining berries.