Tea has so many beneficial properties, it has been found to manage an individuals mood, people say that Tea provides relief from daily problems and stresses, we at Cheeky Chai want to improve your wellbeing and also expand your knowledge, taste and love for Tea. Hot & Cold Tea Infusions are a great addition to healthy living and can bring a great sense of calmness to your being.
Tea contains natural plant substances including polyphenols, caffeine and amino acid L-theanine (a building block of protein) which act positively on the body and the mind to create an all round sense spirituali-Tea. L-theanine has been found to improve levels of stress and anxiety and triggers part of the brain that is linked to relaxation. It's a no-brainer, Tea is your friendly companion that can bring positive rituals to your day, giving you that sense of wellbeing that is needed.
Taking time for yourself is essential in managing your physical and mental health. Tea has long been used as a pause button in your day, or a ceremony of connectedness and meaning with friends and relatives.
Featured Tea-being Recipe... Red Berry Cold Infusion
Our Cheeky Red Berry Cold Infusion is the taste of summer in a cup! Our Red Berry Tea is Berry Delicious and has cheeky notes of the dried hibiscus flower, rosehip, apple pieces and orange peel, It’s one of our most popular teas which is packed full of goodness and is bursting with flavour.
- 3 Teaspoons of Cheeky Chai Red Berry Tea
- 568ml/1 pint freshly boiled water
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 2 lime leaves, bruised
- 400g/14oz mixed red berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants
- 2 tbsp honey
Getting cheeky with it
- Put the tea in a heatproof bowl, pour over the boiling water over and leave to brew for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Add the lemongrass, lime leaves, 200g/7oz of the berries and honey and mix to combine.
- Add 300ml/10fl oz of water and stir.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour. Serve over ice with the remaining berries.